Caring for our buildings
Our church and associated buildings are all listed Grade II by Historic England.
The parish is responsible for a substantial complex of old buildings:
- The church, designed by AWN Pugin, and largely built in 1843
- Pugin Place, now a community centre (though the top floor is currently closed because of crumbling ceiling plaster), originally the parish school, largely built in 1858 to the design of EW Pugin but extended subsequently to both the front and the rear
- The presbytery, largely built in 1870 but including the much smaller presbytery designed by Pugin in about 1844
- The sacristy, with two stories built around 1870 and then joined to Pugin’s original single storey sacristy of about 1844
- The Brookhill Building, constructed in two phases in the 1870s and 1890s to accommodate the infant classes of the parish school, but now derelict.