Church Live & Usual Timetable
All weekend Masses are back on schedule as follows:
- Saturday (vigil) Mass will be at 6:00pm and
- Sunday Masses will be at 8:30am, 10:00am, 11:45am, 3:00pm and 6:00pm.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament as follows:
- Sunday - 5:00pm - 5:45pm
- Monday - Friday - 10:15am - 12:15pm
- Saturday - 11:00am - 12:15pm
During the week Monday - Friday all Masses are at 9:30am and 12:30pm Masses.
Novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Succour is still SUSPENDED for now until further notice.
The Government encourages us to stay at home if necessary. While the church is still open for public Masses you are most welcome to attend, but if you have any symptoms mild or otherwise do not leave your home. We hope you understand this temporary decision, but it is for the good of all and for a speedier resolution.
Can we take this special opportunity to thank our stewards who continue to enable us to keep our church open with their dedicated service.
THE PARISH CLERGY.
CATHOLIC BISHOPS’ CONFERENCE OF ENGLAND AND WALES
Covid-19 Route Map: Step 4 Guidance
On 19th July, the current legislative powers which assist the mitigations against the covid-19 virus transmission will be rescinded by HM Government. Nevertheless, there will be an encouragement to personal and corporate responsibility in this area; as the Prime Minister said in his most recent statement “The pandemic is not over.” Even without this legislation in place, the Church in England and Wales will be adopting a cautious approach to capacity and activity within our buildings, especially at corporate acts of worship.
Recommended Key Mitigating Actions against Virus Transmission in Churches which should continue post 19th July 2021 include the following:
- Sanitising hands on entry to churches and before liturgies as in current church guidance reduces risk;
- Ensuring people wear face coverings properly will reduce aerosol or droplet spread;
- Ventilating buildings well remains important;
- Maintaining a good general standard of routine cleaning using usual cleaning detergents is sufficient for regular use;
- It is recommended that Holy Water stoups are NOT refilled;
- It is recommended that the physical Sign of Peace remain suspended;
- Holy Communion will continue to be under one kind and the ministers will continue to sanitise their hands beforehand and wear a face covering whilst distributing Communion is recommended to be distributed in the hand but those who wish to receive on the tongue may do so at the end.
Thank you for whatever you were able to give during our lockdown. Now that the church is open for normal services, please place your offering in one of the two large
boxes at the entrance to the church or the smaller one on the sanctuary. You can also post your donation in a sealed envelope through the presbytery letterbox, make an online donation as a “one-off” payment or to set up a standing order to make regular donations.
Our bank details are as follows;
NatWest Bank RCAS St Peter the Apostle Woolwich
Sort Code: 60 24 26
Account No: 16163400
Please use your name as a reference (gift aides can add their envelope number). Thank you.
Any donations you able to make will be greatly appreciated during this time.