The Bible Hour
This Bible Study group meets from 7-8 pm, each Tuesday in Pugin Place or, if available, in the church.
What we will be doing
- Prayerful study of Sacred Scripture.
- Understanding what the Catholic Church means when it talks about tradition, the magisterium and sacred scripture together delivering the entire deposit of faith.
- Re-acquainting ourselves with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- Understanding why ‘reliance on scripture alone is not actually scriptural
- Looking at particular Catholic doctrines to see “Where is THAT in the Bible?”
- Learning how to respond to others when they question Catholic beliefs.
Who is it for?
Anyone with ears to hear is warmly welcome! It is not hard work, you can participate fully by offering to read, sharing your observations and reflections or you can just sit back and listen. Bring a friend, they don’t have to be Catholic.
Led by Carmel Urbanoviez, Parish Catechist for Adults. Carmel has a Certificate in Catechesis from Maryvale and has completed her Diploma in the New Evangelisation at Buckfast Abbey.
The Bible Hour at Christmas
You are warmly welcome to join us for two special Advent Bible Hour sessions. If you have not yet tried Bible Hour Catholic Scripture Study then this is your opportunity to join us at one or both of these ‘tasters’.
Take a turn at reading, contribute your thoughts on the Scripture or just sit back and ponder God’s word in your heart. Oh and enjoy a mince pie or two! Bible Hour is for every member of St Peter’s Parish, young and old alike and from every community in the globe.
Hope to see you there and may God bless you and your family this Christmas.
Sunday 9 December, 3pm in The Church - “The Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary in Scripture”
Sunday 16 December, 3pm in Pugin Place - “A root springs from the stump of Jesse”
Please note that the Tuesday evening Bible Hour sessions have now ended for 2018. We resume again at 7p.m. in Pugin Place on Tuesday 8 January 2019.